"Mankind is divided into rich and poor, into property owners and exploited; and to abstract oneself from this fundamental division; and from the antagonism between poor and rich means abstracting oneself from fundamental facts"-Joseph Stalin

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Me as General Secretary (1922)

I was appointed this position recently and have been exercising my power excessively. I have been working very hard to undermine Trotsky in the Politburo and the Commissariat for Military and Naval Affairs. One big step has been the formation of my triumvirate with Zinoviev and Kamenev. This has really helped isolate Trotsky. Poor man he is I laugh at him for not accepting the post of Vice Chairman of the Council of People’s Commissars. He was offered that spot twice! Had he been smart to accept he could have been Lenin's natural successor as Chief Executive of the Soviet Union. It's his loss, besides I enjoy a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment