"Mankind is divided into rich and poor, into property owners and exploited; and to abstract oneself from this fundamental division; and from the antagonism between poor and rich means abstracting oneself from fundamental facts"-Joseph Stalin

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Economic Plans Before and During WWII

I decided to have multiple plans that would last approximately 5 years each. The first plan I implemented began in 1928 and lasted till 1932. I decided to majorly focus on industrial production to catch up with the other countries.

After the first plan took place, I decided to come up with the second plan which only lasted from 1933-1937. I made sure to reinforce industrial production by giving it a high priority. Soon we were only behind Germany in steel production. However, overall, the second plan was not a success. It lacked production levels of coal and oil. During this time period, the government tried to help the farmers by coming up with different solutions in attempt to revive the agrarian part of our economy. However, it didn't work very well because there weren't many farmers left. Hey it wasn't my fault! All of those murder cases were obviously not related to the government!

The third plan was a failure on my account also. It lasted for only 3 years starting in 1938-1941. It was supposed to stimulate the war production but overall the 12% increase in war time goods only increased to 13%.

I'm starting to think now that the people rebelling against me in the first place caused this whole incident and that it's their own entire fault. If only they had listened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment